The position is located in Air Traffic Organization, Tech Operation Services, Air Traffic Controls Facilities & ES, Strategic Management Group, AJW-2A00.Learn more about this agency
Technical Operations Service Unit (AJW), Air Traffic Control Facilities and Engineering Services (ATCF&ES) Directorate. ATCF&ES is responsible for managing and executing quality programs and projects to establish, replace, modernize and sustain the National Airspace System (NAS) safely.
As part of the Agency's effort to sustain its vast facilities infrastructure, ATCF&ES centrally manages a portfolio of capital programs and projects that supports the organizational goals and objectives. The incumbent is instrumental in supporting portfolio planning through the collection, analysis, and reporting of facilities and project data. Broad policies and objectives provide general guidance for addressing issues but often require the development of new approaches. Work products directly affect important national activities and programs that may be of interest to the public, private industry, Congress, and other Executive Branch organizations.
Contacts are internal and external. The incumbent works collaboratively with engineers, analysts, support personnel, contractors, and management to explain data requirements, establish routine data exchange, ·and recommend effective approaches for gathering and integrating data into established tools to support facility lifecycle management. S/he is a recognized subject matter expert in a specialized area and provides leadership for highly complex and challenging activities under the minimal direction of a manager, the incumbent's duties includes:
1. Collect, organize, analyze, and disseminate significant amounts of facility, project, and budget information with attention to detail and accuracy. Ensure completeness and accuracy of data.
2. Develop new policies, standard operating procedures, and guidance in support of portfolio planning, facilities inventory management, and quality data collection. Develop standards to share and validate data across multiple Federal Aviation Administration (FAA) information systems.
3. Utilize customer service and troubleshooting skills to resolve user issues with information management tools and to help implement new procedures. Monitor and analyze information and data systems to discover ways of enhancing them.
4. Utilize expertise to assist with developing information management tools and analytical models related to facility inventory management and budget forecasting.
5. Coordinate and draft focused responses to Congressional inquiries and other highly visible ad hoc projects as required.
6. Excel pivot table expertise and/or Tableau dashboard development and maintenance, conducting program analysis and evaluation; determining resources required to deliver services to customers.
The incumbent demonstrates initiative, motivation, and dedication to solving problems and completing work assignments on time. The incumbent manages time effectively according to workload priorities and deadlines.
25% or less - The job may require up to 25% travel.
Job family (Series)
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/556554000. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.