The ideal candidate for this position will be experienced in converting complex developmental strategies into long-term programs, developing effective marketing strategies and delivering executive level briefings. This position starts at a salary of $77,501 (GS-12). Apply for this exciting opportunity to become a member of the Mission Support team within FEMA.Learn more about this agency
View common definitions of terms found in this announcement.
When disaster strikes, America looks to the Federal Emergency Management Agency (FEMA). Now FEMA looks to you. Join our team and use your talent to support Americans in their times of greatest need. FEMA prepares the nation for all hazards and manages Federal response and recovery efforts following any national incident. We foster innovation, reward performance and creativity, and provide challenges on a routine basis with a well-skilled, knowledgeable, high performance workforce. Please visit www.fema.gov for additional information.
EMERGENCY ASSIGNMENT: Every FEMA employee has regular and recurring emergency management responsibilities, though not every position requires routine deployment to disaster sites. All positions are subject to recall around the clock for emergency management operations, which may require irregular work hours, work at locations other than the official duty station, and may include duties other than those specified in the employee's official position description. Travel requirements in support of emergency operations may be extensive in nature (weeks to months), with little advance notice, and may require employees to relocate to emergency sites with physically austere and operationally challenging conditions.
In this position, you will provide management and leadership development, mandatory and individual skills trainings and organizational development services ensuring that FEMA employees have a motivating and challenging work environment and training and development opportunities that further the objectives of the Agency’s mission. Typical assignments include:
- Planning, administering and evaluating training and development programs and activities to meet both long and short range organizational objectives.
- Writing objectives, selecting appropriate instructional methodologies, conducting and/or administering training, and evaluating training in terms of stated objectives.
- Implementing appropriate systems for assessing the training needs of service activities and for evaluating how well those needs are met.
- Compiling the training requirements of activities and determining whether in-house or contract courses can best meet common training needs.
- Conducting appropriate evaluation methods to measure the effectiveness of training.
25% or less - Travel up to 25% is required for this position
Job family (Series)
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/556541300. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.