This announcement is for multiple vacancies within the Medicine and Surgery Units in both Gainesville, Florida and Lake City, Florida. The Medicine Units include, but are not limited to Cardiac, Oncology, Neuro and General Med/Surg patients. The Surgical Units include but are not limited to Cardiothoracic, Orthopedics, General Surgery, Urology, ENT, Neurosurgery, Plastics, Eye, Vascular Surgery, GYN, and Dental. Please indicate your preferred location and shift availability on your resume.Learn more about this agency
Please read the sections below for the specific duties and tour information for each location and specialty.
Gainesville, Florida - Medical & Surgical Units
Work Schedule: 12 hour day and night shifts available (24/7 environment)
1. Assesses patient's biopsychosocial needs.
2. Formulates a plan of care based on nursing and healthcare team assessments:
3. Provides nursing care to meet patient's needs.
4. Recognizes actual or potential changes in patients' condition and response to treatment, initiating appropriate action and revising the care plan accordingly.
5. Evaluates patient status and response to care.
6. Documents the nursing process.
7. Initiates effective, appropriate, and safe actions in emergencies.
8. Recognizes medical/psychiatric emergencies and initiates and guides others in the implementation of appropriate and timely actions.
9. Treats customers in a courteous and helpful manner that indicates dignity and respect.
10. Ensures that, within the scope of duties, confidential information is at all times safeguarded.
Lake City, Florida - Surgical Units
Work Schedule: 12 hr day (0730 - 2000) & 12 hr. night shift (1930 - 0800) with occasional rotation to other hours as needed and required rotating weekends.
1. Use professional judgment and critical thinking in the delivery of care in accordance with established standards, hospital policies and procedures, and consistent with the plan of care.
2. Monitors patients, interprets data, recognizes abnormalities and intervenes with appropriate nursing measures.
3. Assessment, planning, implementation, evaluation, and documentation of nursing care for patients.
4. Collaborates with the interdisciplinary team to facilitate positive patient care outcomes.
5. Recognizes emergency situations and demonstrates effective actions.
6. Accountable for meeting and maintaining the qualification standards and functional statements of assigned grade and step.
7. Directs and delegates support personnel in implementing patient's plan of care, provides supervision and guidance, and demonstrates methods, as necessary, to correct deviation from established standards.
Financial Disclosure Report: Not required
Job family (Series)
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/556500100. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.