This announcement is issued under the Direct Hire Authority (DHA) to recruit for positions for which there is a critical hiring need. Selectee(s) will receive a career or career-conditional appointment in the competitive service and may be required to serve a one year probationary period.
Who May be Considered:
- U.S. Citizens
- View common definitions of terms found in this announcement.
Joining the Cybersecurity and Infrastructure Security Agency (CISA) means being part of the team focused on securing the Nation's physical and cyber infrastructure against threats to public health and safety, economy, and national security.
Visit www.dhs.gov/cisa to learn more about CISA and how you can be part of the team to Defend Today; Secure Tomorrow.
This is an agency-wide position, which is comprised of several geographically separated divisions with a nationwide force: Infrastructure Security Division, Cybersecurity Division, Emergency Communications Division, National Risk Management Center and several organizational units. In this position, you will serve as an IT Cybersecurity Specialist. Typical work assignments include:
- Reviewing proposed new systems, networks, and software designs for potential security risks.
- Applying IT systems security principles and methods in order to recommend appropriate technical strategies to resolve complex and persistent IT security challenges.
- Providing assessments of proposed design measures' feasibility, based on broad knowledge of parameters imposed by the IT infrastructure and operations.
- Conducting system security evaluations to ensure implementation of appropriate systems security policies.
Occasional travel - You may be expected to travel 1-5 nights for this position.
Job family (Series)
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/556462500. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.