Registered Nurse (RN) Operating- Surgical Unit is responsible for care of adult patients in the Operating- Surgical Unit (OR).Learn more about this agency
Registered Nurse will be responsible to circulate and scrub during operative procedures and will cover IR, bronch and cysto room cases. The incumbent uses critical thinking to assess, plan, implement, evaluate, and deliver care. Incumbent provides nursing care for complex patients, independently carrying out all nursing functions within the OR as well as ambulatory surgery unit and endoscopy as needed. The incumbent must fulfill the qualifications for Moderate Sedation Nurse Competencies. Incumbent is responsible for maintaining up to date all mandatory training and attending required in-services as well as maintaining current ACLS and BLS certification. The incumbent will possess effective communication skills and customer service practices.
Incumbent is required to take call on a rotating basis and report to the OR within 30 minutes of notification.
Incumbent is required to be competent in the standards of nursing, incorporating evidenced based care. Based on the RN's patient assessment, the RN must be able to initiate care independently based on department standard operating procedures. The RN is expected to communicate timely and effectively with all members of the Interdisciplinary Team as well as relate courteously and appropriately to all internal and external customers. The RN is expected to work in a collaborative, team-oriented environment working as a patient advocate and build strong teams within multiple levels of interdisciplinary staff.
Functions of Assigned Dutiesincluded but not limited to:
- Utilizes critical thinking skills and clinical decisional authority, prioritizes patient care by assessing the needs of the unit/are as a whole and assigning staff appropriately.
- Provides nursing care and interventions for patients having all types of surgical procedures.
- Provides and anticipates needs for equipment/supplies in the operating room arena.
- Responsible for intra-operative patient positioning.
- Demonstrates knowledge and skills in scrubbing for all types of surgical procedure.
- Uses sterile techniques in caring for patients when needed.
- Provides cares for patients in Phase I and II recovery.
- Follows policy/procedure for surgical count, informed consents, and verification of surgical site.
- Monitoring of vital signs, blood loss, and level of consciousness. Reports abnormalities and initiates appropriate nursing interventions when warranted.
- Demonstrates knowledge, use, and interpretation of monitoring equipment in ambulatory surgery, Operating- Surgical Unit and Endoscopy.
- Safely provides assessment and care for patients undergoing surgeries, procedures, and treatments and reports any complications or abnormalities to appropriate staff.
- Administers medication safely and accurately; including conscious sedation under the direct supervisor of the provider.
- Establishes and maintains effective communication with patients, family members, and the interdisciplinary team (including surgical team).
Work Schedule: Monday - Friday, 0630 - 1600, Call rotation for Evenings, Nights, Weekends and Holidays
Functional Statement Title/#: Registered Nurse/000000
Financial Disclosure Report: Not required
Job family (Series)
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/556456300. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.