The ideal candidate for this position will have experience performing a variety of administrative and support type duties in areas such as administration, travel, and facility management. This position starts at a salary of $48,670 (GS-07), with promotion potential to $53,901 (GS-08). Apply for this exciting opportunity to become a member of the Office of External Affairs, Business Operations team within FEMA.
View common definitions of terms found in this announcement.Learn more about this agency
When disaster strikes, America looks to the Federal Emergency Management Agency (FEMA). Now FEMA looks to you. Join our team and use your talent to support Americans in their times of greatest need. FEMA prepares the nation for all hazards and manages Federal response and recovery efforts following any national incident. We foster innovation, reward performance and creativity, and provide challenges on a routine basis with a well-skilled, knowledgeable, high performance workforce. Please visit www.fema.gov for additional information.
EMERGENCY ASSIGNMENT: Every FEMA employee has regular and recurring emergency management responsibilities, though not every position requires routine deployment to disaster sites. All positions are subject to recall around the clock for emergency management operations, which may require irregular work hours, work at locations other than the official duty station, and may include duties other than those specified in the employee's official position description. Travel requirements in support of emergency operations may be extensive in nature (weeks to months), with little advance notice, and may require employees to relocate to emergency sites with physically austere and operationally challenging conditions.
In this position, you will serve as an Administrative Support Assistant for the Office of External Affairs, Coordination & Business Operations Division, Business Operations. Typical assignments include:
- Serving as the office focal point for receipt and review of incoming taskings, projects, correspondence, and other communications or materials such as regulations, changes of policy and procedures.
- Assisting with calendar coordination and scheduling appointments for front office personnel.
- Providing administrative support for the office using a variety of computer programs, including databases, spreadsheets, word processing and custom-designed software to create, copy, edit, store, retrieve, and print a variety of documents.
- Providing administrative oversight for business processes for the program, such as clerical support for administrative functions and actions.
- Analyzing, forecasting, and preparing status reports on assigned organization’s needs in areas such as space and facilities, supplies, human resources, budget, procurement, and other critical administrative support processes.
Promotion Potential: Future promotions will be dependent on your ability to perform the duties at a higher level, the continuing need for an employee assigned to the higher level, and administrative approval.
Occasional travel - This position may require non-emergency travel (5%)
Job family (Series)
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/556392000. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.