This position is located within the Information Technology Security Office (ITSO) of the Department of Technology Services (DTS). As an Information Technology (IT) Specialist (Security) within the Information Technology Security Office, the incumbent is a recognized IT security expert within the Judiciary with a strong background in the development and performance of system security tests to evaluate compliance with specifications and requirements.Learn more about this agency
The incumbent will manage multiple programs which oversees, evaluates, and supports the documentation, validation, assessment, and risk management processes necessary to assure that existing and new information technology (IT) systems meet the Judiciary's cyber security and risk requirements. Ensures appropriate treatment of risk, compliance, and assurance from internal and external perspectives.
The ideal candidate must possess the skills to manage the assessment and testing services provided by several technical teams on national, federal, and cloud based networks. This involves implementing, adhering to, and evolving the Judiciary's risk management and test & evaluation capabilities to ensure that our systems apply the best level of protection consistent with the level of risk that they face.
Duties may include but are not limited to:
- Review contract performance reports identifying any significant issues and variances, initiating, where necessary, corrective actions and ensuring that all outstanding issues are followed up.
- Acquire and manage the necessary resources, including leadership support, financial resources, and key security personnel, to support information technology (IT) security goals and objectives and reduce overall organizational risk.
- Advise senior management, including Judges and clerks, on risk analysis of information security programs, policies, processes, systems, and elements.
- Lead and oversee division budget, staffing, and contracting activities. Supervise and assign work to various teams performing a multiple types of assessment services.
- Coach, mentor and develop federal work staff to ensure seamless continuity of operations and development of critical skills necessary to maintain proficiencies in an ever-evolving industry.
- Monitor and evaluate the effectiveness of the court unit and national program office's cyber security safeguards to ensure that they provide the intended level of protection.
- Collaborate with key stakeholders to establish a cyber security risk management program, ensure that plans of actions and milestones or remediation plans are in place for vulnerabilities identified during risk assessments, audits, inspections, etc.
- Provide counsel and support to court unit and national program office Information Security Officers (ISOs) on the technologies and processes available to identify, describe and document the risks within their systems and how to convey that in an effective manner to senior management to gain the necessary resources and support to appropriately manage risk.
Occasional travel - You may be expected to travel for this position.
Job family (Series)
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/556382800. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.