This position is in the Ambulatory Care Service, Hershel "Woody" Williams VA Medical Center, Charleston satellite/CBOC, WV. The position utilizes a clinical video tele-health (CVT) modality to deliver primary care services to patients in other clinics throughout VISN 5.Learn more about this agency
Recruitment/Relocation may be authorized for highly qualified applicants.
PCS may be authorized for highly qualified applicants.
The major duties of the position include, but are not limited to:
- Perform initial histories and physical examinations of outpatients. History and physical examinations will mostly use rely on the use of CVT technology, but some direct face-to-face visits may also be needed.
- Provide ongoing outpatient care for assigned patients.
- Screen outpatients to determine need for further care.
- Prescribe medications within defined scope of practice.
- Order diagnostic studies such as laboratory tests, x-rays, electrocardiograms (EKG's)
- Review need for and order health promotion and disease prevention activities.
- Initiate respond to and expedite request for consultations, special tests and studies.
- Provide education and counseling of patients and families in preventive care, medical conditions, and use of prescribed treatment and medications.
- All other duties as assigned.
Work Schedule: Monday -Friday with variable Tour of Duty times
Financial Disclosure Report: Not required
50% or less - You may be expected to travel for this position.
Job family (Series)
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/556351000. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.