OUR MISSION: To fulfill President Lincoln's promise - "To care for him who shall have borne the battle and for his widow, and his orphan" - by serving and honoring the men and women who are America's Veterans. How would you like to become a part of a team providing compassionate care to Veterans?Learn more about this agency
A recruitment/relocation incentive is not authorized for this position.
THIS POSITION IS PART TIME - .2 FTEE (16 HOURS A PAY PERIOD)
PART TIME POSITION - .2 FTEE - 16 HOURS A PAYPERIOD.
This position requires proficiency and productivity in all areas of General Dentistry including restorative, prosthodontics, endodontics, periodontics, and oral surgery. The position will require excellent diagnostic skills and the ability to triage, diagnose, and manage a broad spectrum of urgent and chronic dental problems in a patient population with a high percentage of medically compromised individuals.
General Dentist to perform duties and responsibilities in the Dental Clinic. Duties and responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Function as a full team member of the interdisciplinary team serving patients at Madison VA Medical Center. Patient population includes medically compromised, outpatients, inpatients, and nursing home patients.
- Provide complete range of dental care to patients including removable and fixed prosthodontics, periodontics, oral surgery, restorative dentistry, endodontics, and restoration of implants.
- Follow-up clinic visits for existing dental problems.
- Document assessments and plan of care for each patient in accordance with policies and procedures.
- Collaborate with other disciplines to ensure continuity of patient care.
- Collaborate and act as a patient advocate.
- Maintain knowledge of new and current clinical methods.
- BLS certified from an AHA approved course.
Work Schedule: Day Shift - Part time 16 hours in a 2 week period
Financial Disclosure Report: Not Required
Job family (Series)
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/556340100. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.