The Telehealth Clinical Technician (TCT) is a GS 7 LPN that serves in a generalist role to support Telehealth clinical programs from the patient location. The incumbent provides a wide range of clinical and technical services and maintains a comprehensive and thorough working knowledge of complex duties specific to Clinical Video Telehealth (CVT) modalities including teleretinal imaging as well as Home Telehealth (HT).Learn more about this agency
- Ability to consistently exercise nursing practice without the need for readily available supervision of a registered nurse or physician.
- Independently performs Telehealth imaging, including but not limited to teleretinal screening, teledermatology Telewound care and all aspects of the telehealth services that are available at the medical center.
- Responsible for independently performing the patient site facilitation of the clinical, business, scheduling and technical aspects for real-time Telehealth applications, including, but not limited to, Telemental health, primary care Telehealth, Telerehabilitation, telepodiatry, teleneurology, teleSCI, teleGYN, teleRadiology/Oncology, CVT Move, teleGeneral Surgery, teleNeuro Surgery, telebariatric surgery, educational sessions with rural health and CHF/Diabetic Education with home telehealth, teleretinal imaging and teledermatology.
- ability to utilize the video-conferencing technologies, Telehealth technology and scheduling software to coordinate and connect staff, resources, patients and providers in the manner effective to delivery of services, patient care, education and training.
- TCT independently conducts quality control procedures on equipment and products and maintains proper records for quality control reports and workload reporting. The TCT isindependently responsible for the day-to-day operation of the clinical video conferencing, training, HT, SF and Telehealth clinics.
- The TCT demonstrates independent nursing practice in patient care under the supervision of a Registered Nurse while exercising independent technical judgment without the need for readily available supervision. The TCT can be crossed-trained to perform a range of direct care duties that may include, collecting vital signs and other clinical components of a primary care visit as directed by policy or clinic standard. He/she maintain a comprehensive and thorough working knowledge of the most complex or difficult practices and procedures
Work Schedule: 8:00a to 4:30p
Financial Disclosure Report: Not required
Occasional travel - You may be expected to travel for this position.
Job family (Series)
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/556336700. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.