This position serves as the Director of the Office of Human Resources (OHR) for the U.S. Agency for Global Media (USAGM), managing Human Resources (HR) services for the federal entities of USAGM. The OHR Director is responsible for developing and providing worldwide Human Resources Management policies, programs and services to enable the USAGM to carry out its mission, achieve its strategic goals, and enhance the professional effectiveness and well-being of its employees.Learn more about this agency
The specific duties of this position involve:
The OHR Director manages the work of the staff involved in the functional areas of Staffing and Recruitment, Position Management and Organizational Design, Employee and Labor Relations, Performance Management and Awards, Federal Employee Benefits and Retirement Programs, and HR Information Systems.
The OHR Director is a critical member of the agency's senior leadership team. The incumbent provides vision, leadership, management, and administration of a comprehensive HR program for the agency. Through subordinate managers, the incumbent is responsible for the management and supervision of HR professionals engaged in functional areas of Staffing and Recruitment, Position Management and Organizational Design, Employee and Labor Relations, Performance Management and Awards, Federal Employee Benefits and Retirement Programs, and HR information Systems. Primary responsibilities include.
- Reporting to the Director of the Office of Management Services, serve as principal advisor to agency senior management on human resources issues;
- Exercising full supervisory responsibility, including planning work to be accomplished and setting priorities; making work assignments and measuring work results; setting performance standards, giving advice and performance feedback, and evaluating staff; nominating staff members for awards and recognition; identifying training and development needs; approving leave; hearing and resolving complaints; and effecting disciplinary actions, as needed.
- Participating in meetings with agency senior management to discuss major HR issues and policies and significant HR matters affecting the agency;
- Serving as chief advisor to agency senior management in the areas of areas of Staffing and Recruitment, Position Management and Organizational Design, Employee and Labor Relations, Performance Management and Awards, Federal Employee Benefits and Retirement Programs, and HR Information Systems.; and
- Providing expert advice to key agency senior management on recruitment for high profile positions and on sensitive employee performance and conduct issues;
- Overseeing the formulation and development of Human Resources strategies, plans, policies, programs and services to implement the Agency's Human Capital strategies and plans and achieve its Human Capital goals. Directs the implementation of these strategies, policies and programs by the Office of Human Resources and its provision of worldwide personnel services, including determining program emphasis, planning for long range staffing and program requirements, and implementing actions in support of agency's goals and objectives.
Occasional travel - You may be expected to travel for this position.
Job family (Series)
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/556330100. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.