This vacancy will be filled using the Office of Personnel Management's Direct-Hire Authority. Veterans' preference and traditional rating and ranking of applicants do not apply to positions filled under this announcement.Learn more about this agency
For more information on OPM's authorization of Direct Hire Authority, please visit, https://www.opm.gov/policy-data-oversight/hiring-information/direct-hire-authority/
Pay will be determined in accordance with the locality pay of the duty station.
- Farm Loan Officer Trainees are required to successfully complete all of the requirements of the Farm Loan Training Program. Farm Loan Officer Trainees may be reassigned to another training office during their training program.
- Providing technical advice, guidance, and credit counseling to loan applicants and borrowers.
- Makes recommendations on agency farm loan programs and eligibility requirements.
- Applies technical knowledge of farm financing and credit, financial management concepts and practices, farm operations, land use and value, production and marketing of various crops and livestock, and prices and markets in the serviced farming areas.
- Recommends approval or disapproval of individual loans and guarantees above delegated amounts.
- Conducts interviews with loan applicants, reviews loan applications, and makes preliminary inquiries to develop factual information to assess the eligibility of applicants.
Occasional travel - You may be expected to travel for this position.
Job family (Series)
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/556317100. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.