About the Position: This position is with the California Medical Detachment. The incumbent serves as the point of contact (POC) for the Exceptional Family Member Program (EFMP), overseeing the administrative and procedural aspects of the program for the California Medical Detachment (Cal Med).Learn more about this agency
Salary negotiation may be available for those candidates who are new to Federal service.
- Provide patients and family members with forms to complete enrollment in a program that identifies individuals requiring special needs such as medical and educational support.
- Work with clients to determine services required to support and assist with special educational, therapeutic, rehabilitative or other needs.
- Liaise with appropriate agencies to coordinate assignments for family members with special health care needs.
- Interpret and implement instructions and procedures to ensure proper execution of administrative policy and regulatory material issued by higher authority.
- Develop standard operating procedures to ensure that all personnel understand enrollment criteria and individual responsibilities as outlined in the screening directive.
- Establish and maintain a system of records to track data related to Exceptional Family Member Program activities.
- Maintain statistical data to evaluate the adequacy of health care resources available to meet the needs of Exceptional Family Members in the cache area.
- Establish and maintain effective relationships in order to interact with clients and staff to fulfill the purpose of the EFMP program successfully.
- Advise senior leaders of the adequacy of health care resources available to meet the needs of the program.
Occasional travel - You may be expected to travel 15% or less for this position.
Job family (Series)
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/556252700. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.