The Fargo VA Health Care System is recruiting for one (1) Credentialing Program Assistant.Learn more about this agency
The Credentialing Assistant assures that all Dependent Providers complete the credentialing process. Ensure Primary Source Verification and Quality Control processes are performed via VHA electronic credentialing system. Support all divisions of the Medical Center; full time, part time, temporary, intermittent, contract, without compensation (WOC) and fee basis in accordance with VHA credentialing regulations, directives and policies and Joint Commission Standards. Organizationally aligned under the Chief of Staff to manage all credentialing activities with adherence to State and Federal Regulations and VHA requirements.
Duties include, but are not limited to:
- Independently ensure that primary source verification of credentials for register nurses, occupational, social workers, all other Dependent Providers is complete prior to initial date of employment.
- Advise Service and Section Chiefs, Department Managers and Human Resources personnel on VHA Credentialing requirements and Joint Commission Standards.
- Independently obtain Primary Source Verifications for provider professional time-limited credentials prior to expiration.
- Oversee all electronic credentialing system functions for Dependent Providers without supervision.
- Assess provider professional credentials in detail; Licensures, Drug Enforcement Agency registration, accredited Board and Specialty certifications, Supplemental Attestation (possible professional credentials derogatory action), Education (domestic and foreign), Personal History (staff status), Peer References and screening of Medical Malpractice Payments and Adverse Actions for each provider via the National Practitioner Data Bank
electronic interface response prior to initiating the credentialing process.
- Generate electronic credentialing system reports and report cards independently to limit
facility's vulnerability in high risk areas such as: providers working without required licenses,
certifications, registrations and National Practitioner Data Bank query requirements.
- Create and/or maintain a comprehensive database, with adherence to VHA Privacy and Security policies; e.g. Excel Spreadsheet, Access, etc. as back-up to VHA electronic credentialing system for Dependent Providers to ensure the accuracy of time-limited credentials.
- Coordinate with internal and external customers to facilitate timely sharing of information related to credentialing and respond to inquiries regarding providers appointment status.
- Provide guidance to on-boarding and current medical staff on all matters related to credentialing; document requirements, electronic submission and professional practice requirements.
- Individual purchase card holder for Dependent Providers Credentialing for primary source verifications; state licensure, professional education, professional training, accredited board certifications and National Practitioner Data Bank (NPDB) queries.
Telework: Not eligible
Virtual: This is not a virtual position.
Position Description/PD#: Credentialing Program Assistant/PD40284-O
Relocation/Recruitment Incentives: Not authorized
Financial Disclosure Report: Not required
Job family (Series)
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/556224800. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.