The primary purpose of this position is to provide patient care and care coordination, as it pertains, to Surgical and Medicine Specialties while assigned as a Specialty Care Clinic (SCC) Nurse Coordinator (NC) at the Mann-Grandstaff VA Medical Center (MGVAMC) in Spokane, Washington. The SCC NC/RN reports directly to the Specialty Care Clinic Nurse Manager.Learn more about this agency
The Pain Management RN collaborates closely with the pain management provider and team, including but not limited to, the Pain Management Provider and LPN. The Pain Management RN Care Manager is responsible for the overall coordination of pain treatment options and communication among team members to achieve desirable patient outcomes through coordinated care management.
The SCC NC/RN is a professional registered nurse (RN) qualified by education and experience to provide professional nursing care to acute and chronically ill Veterans. The SCC NC/RN is responsible for the care coordination, direct patient care as well as delegation of care delivered in the Specialty Care Clinic.
Major duties include but are not limited to:
- Functional in an independent manner under the direction of the Nurse Manager of the SCC.
- Utilizes the nursing process and evidence-based practice to collaborate with the Core Team (Patient, Specialty Care Provider, SCC NC/RN, LPN, Health Technician/Nurse Assistants, MSA and other clinics) and Expanded Team (family/caregiver, internal and community-based services involved in providing care to the patient).
- Collaborates clinic needs and assignments with other specialty coordinators in order to meet the needs of the veterans seen in the Specialty Care Clinics.
- Coordinates surgeon's surgery block time.
- Floats as need to other Specialty Care Clinics.
- Provides medications as ordered in the care management of veterans.
- Prepares veteran for clinics, surgery, and assist providers with procedures and obtaining lab specimens.
- Executes position responsibilities that demonstrate leadership, experience, and creative approaches to the management and advocacy of complex veteran care in a timely manner within the parameters of the Veterans Affairs regulations.
- Collaborates effectively with all members of the Core Team and the Expanded Team across the continuum of care and serves as a role model for professional growth, development and practice.
- Performs appropriate evaluation, triage and care coordination of complex veterans to ensure access is provided to the veteran via clinics, community or VA facilities.
Financial Disclosure Report: Not required
Job family (Series)
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/556194900. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.