The ideal candidate should be well versed in management of government card programs, which includes the policies, regulations and financial impacts of the various card programs used in the government. This position starts at a salary of $102,663 (GS-13). Apply for this exciting opportunity to become a member of the Office of the Chief Financial Officer (OCFO) team within FEMA.
View common definitions of terms found in this announcement.Learn more about this agency
When disaster strikes, America looks to the Federal Emergency Management Agency (FEMA). Now FEMA looks to you. Join our team and use your talent to support Americans in their times of greatest need. FEMA prepares the nation for all hazards and manages Federal response and recovery efforts following any national incident. We foster innovation, reward performance and creativity, and provide challenges on a routine basis with a well-skilled, knowledgeable, high performance workforce. Please visit www.fema.gov for additional information.
EMERGENCY ASSIGNMENT: Every FEMA employee has regular and recurring emergency management responsibilities, though not every position requires routine deployment to disaster sites. All positions are subject to recall around the clock for emergency management operations, which may require irregular work hours, work at locations other than the official duty station, and may include duties other than those specified in the employee's official position description. Travel requirements in support of emergency operations may be extensive in nature (weeks to months), with little advance notice, and may require employees to relocate to emergency sites with physically austere and operationally challenging conditions.
In this position, you will direct and manage financial services performed by a functional work group in the Payment Services unit. This position will serve as the Unit Chief for bank card programs. Typical duties include:
- Providing expert level professional and comprehensive knowledge in providing advice, guidance and overseeing the management, administration and financial activities that require application of theories, concepts, principles, and standards over a card program.
- Reviewing and recommending the adoption of procedures to implement policies, regulations, financial services and processes issued by headquarters or agencies. Researches and provides guidance on card procedures and/or interpretation of standard procedures and regulations in a time frame that is responsive to the needs of card holders and program managers.
- Providing input for development and application of long-range, organization-wide, controls and procedures for the card program particularly related to policy, regulation and financial compliance.
- Providing guidance, advice and supervision over the day-to-day activities.
- Preparing written documents such as memoranda, operating instructions and manuals, training materials, briefings, and other related documents.
Occasional travel - This position may require non-emergency travel (5%)
Job family (Series)
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/556158500. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.