You are encouraged to read the entire announcement before you submit your application package. Your application may not receive full consideration if you do not follow the instructions as outlined.Learn more about this agency
This position is located in the Ronald Reagan Building and International Trade Center, 1300 Pennsylvania Ave., NW., Washington, DC., in the Bureau for Middle East, Office of Technical Support (ME/TS).
The Supervisory Regional Economist directs the Economic Growth program and serves as an expert advisor to the Director of the Office of Technical Support and other senior leaders and field missions in the Bureau for the Middle East on issues related to economic development, trade and investment, macroeconomic reform, business enabling environment, poverty, political economy, economic infrastructure and technology, and job creation that challenge the Middle East regions.
As a Supervisory Economist, your duties will include the following:
- Performing the management functions relative to the staff supervised. Establishing guidelines and performance expectations for staff members, which are clearly communicated through the employee performance management system.
- Providing informal feedback and periodically evaluating employee performance following the performance evaluation process.
- Planning, organizing, and carrying out analytical studies involving the planning, development, and implementation of support functions for a major agency program of national scope and impact.
- Making recommendations on planning efforts that can be undertaken within existing resource levels and advising on the impact of efforts that require additional resources.
- Analyzing problems, issues, or program requirements, synthesizing information, identifying needs and resolving obstacles.
- Identifying and resolving problems related to Agency programs or services.
- Providing specialized knowledge management support such as tracking documents, lessons learned, best practices across programs and/or operations.
- Exercising decision making authority through the development and contribution of systems and business processes that ensure efficiency and rapid response, with wide latitude for exercise of independent judgment.
15 - Full Performance Level is GS-15
Job family (Series)
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/556140900. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.