This position is located on the Manti LaSal National Forest, Supevisors Office in Price UT.Learn more about this agency
Responsible for supporting managers and resource specialists in the use of geospatial technology and Geographic Information Systems (GIS) for land, natural resources and ecosystem management.
For additional information about the duties of this position, please contact Kyle Beagley at 435-636-3504 or email email@example.com
- Assess quality, compatibility, and limitations of various data used in a wide array of land management and planning efforts.
- Develop data dictionaries, data models, and metadata for multi-disciplinary information and geospatial applications.
- Responsible for organization and maintenance of resource information and data to facilitate analysis across multiple disciplines including but not limited to recreation, silviculture, planning, engineering and fire.
- Provide expertise and makes recommendations on the development and application of geospatial analysis processes, protocols and solutions to mission critical resource management issues.
- Manipulate and analyze geospatial data to support resource management decisions for multiple resource, jurisdictional, and ownership units or a large geographical region.
- Compile natural resource, topographic, and cartographic data for creation of thematic map products and presentation materials in support of natural resource management decision making.
- Operate complex computer systems and software packages and develops procedures to produce intricately detailed maps and graphics for the many varied Forest resource programs, planning documents, and a variety of other requirements
- Provide advice and recommendations on sources, standards, integrity, compatibility, and cost efficiency of natural resource and socio-economic information.
- Conduct formal and informal training and provide technical assistance to GIS software users in the development, storage, retrieval and analysis of data.
Occasional travel - You may be expected to travel for this position.
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/556121100. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.