Recruitment/Relocation Incentive may be authorized for highly qualified candidatesLearn more about this agency
This position is eligible for the Education Debt Reduction Program (EDRP), a student loan reimbursement program. If selected for this position you must meet specific individual eligibility requirements and submit your application with four months of appointment. The final award amount (up to $200,000) and eligibility period (one to five years) is determined by the VHA Education Loan Repayment Services Office
The Mann-Grandstaff VA Medical Center is recruiting for four (4) experienced Physician- Hospitalists to care for acutely ill Veterans. This position will be in the Acute Care Service Line and will provide coverage in the Intensive Care Unit and Urgent Care Center as needed.
Responsibilities: This position will be in the Acute Care Service Line and will provide coverage in the Intensive Care Unit and Urgent Care Center as needed where you will provide care for acutely ill Veterans on our inpatient wards and ICU.Major duties as a Hospitalist include but are not limited to:
- Admission, evaluation, diagnosis, and treatment, including consultation, of patients presenting with general medical complaints, diseases, and injuries.
- Core privileges include the ability to perform a history and physical exam, form a differential diagnosis, order and interpret labs and other diagnostic tests such as plain films and EKGs.
- Develop and implement treatment plans, order subspecialty consultations and provide appropriate follow-up care.
- Supervise and mentor mid-level providers and residents working in the Acute Care Service.
- Work with other specialists and primary care physicians.
- Managing transfers into and out of the facility.
- Completing Peer Reviews as assigned and Professional Practice Evaluation activities.
- Attends monthly Section meetings.
- May need to cover Urgent Care Center as staffing needs arise or workload demands.
- Other tasks as delegated by the Supervisory Hospitalist, Service Chief or Chief of Staff.
Work Schedule: Various Shifts (12 and 10-hour shifts) including days, evenings, weekends, and holidays.
Financial Disclosure Report: Not required
The VHA provides patient centered care, delivered by engaged, collaborative teams in an integrated environment that supports learning and continuous improvement. The Veteran's experience and health outcomes are improved with an emphasis on prevention through healing relationships in an optimal healing environment. Candidates should possess high energy, a strong work ethic, integrity, who are kind and empathetic, have a sense of humor, and who enjoy working for a collaborative, team-oriented system.
VA professionals feel good about their careers and their ability to balance work and home life. VA offers generous paid time off and a variety of predictable and flexible scheduling opportunities.
VA Physician Benefits - http://www.va.gov/JOBS/Job_Benefits/benefits.asp
- Practice evidence based medicine without the hassle of high malpractice premiums and associated overhead costs!
- Utilize the most sophisticated Integrated Electronic Medical Records network with centralized patient registration and billing
- Enjoy a competitive salary, 26 vacation days, 10 Federal holidays, and 13 sick days annually
- A comprehensive Federal Benefits package including malpractice, life, health, 401K, CME, etc.
- An unmatched work/life balance and very high quality personal and professional life!
Job family (Series)
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/556043900. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.