The ideal candidate for this position will serve as a key advisor in the planning, execution and coordination of all analytical and operating functions and responsibilities of the Region. This position starts at a salary of $118,202 (GS-14). Apply for this exciting opportunity to become a member of Region VIII's Office of the Regional Administrator's team within FEMA.
Learn more about this agency
View common definitions of terms found in this announcement.
When disaster strikes, America looks to the Federal Emergency Management Agency (FEMA). Now FEMA looks to you. Join our team and use your talent to support Americans in their times of greatest need. FEMA prepares the nation for all hazards and manages Federal response and recovery efforts following any national incident. We foster innovation, reward performance and creativity, and provide challenges on a routine basis with a well-skilled, knowledgeable, high performance workforce. Please visit www.fema.gov for additional information.
EMERGENCY ASSIGNMENT: Every FEMA employee has regular and recurring emergency management responsibilities, though not every position requires routine deployment to disaster sites. All positions are subject to recall around the clock for emergency management operations, which may require irregular work hours, work at locations other than the official duty station, and may include duties other than those specified in the employee's official position description. Travel requirements in support of emergency operations may be extensive in nature (weeks to months), with little advance notice, and may require employees to relocate to emergency sites with physically austere and operationally challenging conditions.
In this position you will serve as a Supervisory Management Analyst directly supporting the Office of the Regional Administrator. Typical assignments include:
- Generating and analyzing report data from a variety of sources and creating reports related to short and long range staffing
- Developing wide range qualitative and quantitative analytical and evaluative methods and techniques for assessing and improving organizational effectiveness and efficiency
- Briefing the Regional Administrator and Deputy Regional Administrator on activities of internal and external organizations related to the Regional functions and programs
- Formulating, coordinating, and evaluating regional policies, plans and programs; identifying goals related to regional operations
- Providing oversight and technical direction to ensure regional integration and implementation of policies, regulations and instructions governing emergency management programs.
25% or less - 25% or less occasional non-emergency travel may be required.
Job family (Series)
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/556036000. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.