OUR MISSION: To fulfill President Lincoln's promise - "To care for him who shall have borne the battle and for his widow, and his orphan" - by serving and honoring the men and women who are America's Veterans. How would you like to become a part of a team providing compassionate care to Veterans?Learn more about this agency
- Responsible for the supervision, administrative management, and direction of dental assistants. May be delegated full administrative and professional responsibility for planning and directing the dental assisting activities for the service or equivalent unit at an independent outpatient clinic.
- Assists the Dental Service Chief in clinic operations related to policy and performance standards development, equipment requests and workload analysis. Will analyze clinically appropriate data to effectively optimize quality, performance, and productivity within the section.
- Coordinates clinical workflow and makes work assignments, hears and resolves employee complaints and workplace issues, and maintain efficient flow of patient care.
- Develops and provides training to staff dental assistants, students and/or trainees.
- Performs supervisory functions such as assessing competency, providing performance appraisals and managing training. Approves periods of leave; recommends special advancements and promotions, disciplinary actions, etc.
- Individuals may perform ancillary assignments, including program management duties on an occasional basis.
- Establishes and maintains effective and cooperative work relationships within the dental service and the facility. Tasks are completed and good working relationships among team members and with management are maintained. Team priorities and goals, needs, and achievements are coordinated with management.
- Serves in staff dental assistant positions independently performing more complex work in assigned specialties in supervisory dental assistant positions. Must maintain current Dental Assisting National Board (DANB) certification.
- Assists the dentist in many aspects of direct patient care and performs other clinical and clerical functions independent of direct supervision. Receives and prepares patients for dental treatment and assists the dentist at chairside, bedside or in the operating room.
Financial Disclosure Report: Not required
Job family (Series)
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/556030300. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.