These positions are located in the National Agricultural Statistics Service (NASS) Headquarters, Research & Development Division in Washington, DC.Learn more about this agency
The incumbents serve as statistician for research and development work related on statistical methodology, including research on sampling, estimation, and statistical data editing and imputation. This research is designed to enhance the operational census and survey programs for crop, livestock, demographic, environmental and price statistics.
- Analyzes summarized survey indications and prepares supporting analytical and interpretive comments or final recommendations for estimates and forecasts.
- Implements statistical theory, methods and procedures related to the general area of agricultural surveys for operations and research.
- Researches, develops and executes computer intensive methods for integrating data to provide robust estimates with associated levels of uncertainty.
- Develops specifications for computer programs for pilot studies; data analysis, data interpretation and presentation of project results.
- Prepares written proposals, documentation reports, and published reports/articles in conjunction with assigned duties, about methods and products developed with assigned duties.
- This includes initial proposals for research studies and subsequent recommendations of improvements, additions, and modifications to Agency procedures.
- Provides advice, exchanges information, resolves problems and assures the proper application of research and development results.
- Develops, plans and implements procedures to conduct surveys or research for the analysis and preparation of estimates, forecasts, and reports.
Occasional travel - You may be expected to travel for this position.
Job family (Series)
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/556029700. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.