The Area of Consideration for this vacancy announcement is US Citizens and Non-citizens within commuting area of Picatinny Arsenal, NJ.(Military Spouse Preference (MSP) and Involuntarily Separated Military Preference (ISMP) eligible candidates are included in the area of consideration.)Learn more about this agency
For full job description, please follow this LINK
This position is located at Picatinny Arsenal, NJ.
- Serves as a lifeguard for indoor and outdoor pools and works under the direction of the Installation Aquatics Program Manager.
- Employs safety rules for the protection of the pool guests. Responsible for lifeguarding guests in attendance at the assigned aquatics facility.
- Provides maximum pool area surveillance and responds to emergencies; rescues pool patrons and administers first aid as required.
- Attend aquatics and/or safety training as directed.
- Must be a team player and have good customer service, communication, oberservation skills and self motivation.
- Assists in maintaining pool, and area clean and free from any hazards. Performs periodic water tests and reports results to the pool leader on duty.
- Provides information to swimmers regarding safety/health/admission rules and procedures. Tactfully warns patrons who repeatedly disregard safety rules, and follows facility Standard Operating Procedures for disciplinary actions.
- Lifeguards will participate in any required training (on-the-job training emergency rescue drills, emergency action plan simulations).
- All summer employees are required to be available to work the full summer season (ending Labor Day). ONE week of pre-approved vacation is permissible.
- Applicants must be available to work rotating shifts between the hours of 0700 through 2000, including weekdays, holidays, late evenings and weekends.
- This is a recurring position. The idividual may return for each summer season.
- Additional duties assigned as needed.
Job family (Series)
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/556022700. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.