Applications under this job opportunity announcement will be considered under external competitive procedures only. This vacancy is also being advertised under merit promotion procedures as NPC-2020-0201, Lead Data Entry Clerk, AD-1531, Phoenix-JD-MAP-Internal, which can be accessed at http://jobsearch.USAJOBS.gov/Learn more about this agency
This job opportunity is for a Day or Night Shift Lead Statistical Assistant (Data Transcriber) position in the Decennial Operations Branch West (DOBW), at the National Processing Center (NPC), U.S. Bureau of the Census located in Phoenix, AZ. The incumbent of this position serves as a lead in the keying section responsible for sorting, batching, and control of questionnaires, correspondence, etc. for check-in, data keying, and distribution of keyed/bar-coded work to all processing units within the branch. This position is included in the bargaining unit.
This job opportunity announcement may be used to fill additional vacancies.
The individual selected for this position will:
- Prepare batch cover sheets for check-in and batching activities using a PC and the tracking and control system and batching programs.
- Perform keying entries into the tracking and control system when making distribution of forms to and from units that generate the daily activity reports.
- Sort incoming forms into various categories for check-in processing manually, using barcode wand equipment or laser sorter check-in equipment.
- Sort completed forms received from processing units by a variety of categories as specified in procedures.
- Perform other statistical assistant related duties as assigned such as creating and maintaining special sheet reports.
- Perform status checks using PC's and related programs.
- Maintain equipment logs and records.
- Screen survey forms for completeness and assures that information is within the scope of the assigned project and determines appropriate action to be taken as specified in procedures.
- Lead the work of statistical clerks (Data Transcribing)/Data Entry Clerks including distributing and balancing the workloads; keeping in touch with the status and progress of the work; estimating and reporting on the expected time of completion of the work; providing instructions to other employees; providing on-the-job training to new employees; and maintaining reports in spreadsheet format.
Tour of Duty: Monday through Friday, Day or Night shift.
Day shift hours range from 6:30 a.m. to 5:30 p.m. No Alternate Work Schedule or other flexible schedules are available. - OR - Night shift hours range from 2:30 p.m. to 12:00 a.m. No Alternate Work Schedule or other flexible schedules are available
Initial cut-off date for consideration may be as early as January 17, 2020. Applications received after this date will be considered as needed.
Job family (Series)
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/556010400. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.