The Federal Emergency Management Agency (FEMA) has an immediate need to employ residents of Austin, Texas as temporary local hires to assist with disaster response and recovery efforts. Local hire employees are local residents who aid in the recovery of the community and help their fellow citizens in the recovery process. Apply for this exciting opportunity!Learn more about this agency
View common definitions of terms found in this announcement.
Local Hire employees:
- Help FEMA respond to, recover from and mitigate all hazards by performing a variety of emergency management functions which are not limited to disaster survivor assistance, conducting and verifying damage assessments, and providing administrative, financial and logistical support.
- A local hire’s term of employment is 120 days. Local Hire appointments may be extended, in 120 day increments, for a maximum 365 day appointment, based on the needs of the disaster.
- Work within 23 different Cadres which are groups of personnel organized by operational function and FEMA Qualification System (FQS) position.
- Each Local Hire is hired to a position within a Cadre based on his or her skills and experience.
FEMA is seeking candidates with experience in Public Assistance.
In this position, you will you will perform recovery support activities for staff at FEMA headquarters and Regional Offices, as well as emergency management partners engaged in supporting disaster recovery.Typical assignments include:
- Coordinating and supporting the implementation of disaster recovery services and programs and analyzing resource requirements and capabilities to enable program delivery and performance.
- Contributing to the development and implementation of emergency management recovery policies, plans, and procedures.
- Interpreting the laws, regulations, and policies applicable to FEMA.
- Conducting analysis of difficult survivor-centric assistance issues in the recovery statutes, regulations, policies, and procedures that may impact program delivery.
- Performing administrative duties such as supporting data processing needs to include entering and tracking Requests for Public Assistance (RPAs) and uploading related documents in Grants Manager Tool.
- Assisting with the Public Assistance spend plan tracker for all project worksheets and generating ad hoc reports.
Occasional travel - Occasional travel may be required.
Job family (Series)
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/555987600. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.