The selectee will serve as the agency's authority and participate with scientific and program consultants in various aspects of study or survey design processes, including conducting searches or reviews of existing literature and data in a scientific area. He/she will prepare and/or present summaries for a variety of purposes and monitor internal review board clearances.Learn more about this agency
As an EPIDEMIOLOGIST you will:
- Serve as the recognized expert in epidemiology for the agency with responsibility for developing policy and objectives, appraising programs, and initiating requirements for epidemiological studies.
- Oversee contracts, grants, awards or cooperative agreements with full responsibility for carrying out all required monitoring and management duties.
- Provide technical advice and assistance in the development of criteria and standards for the planning, implementation, and evaluation of contract, grant, and/or cooperative agreement proposals.
- Provide advice and assistance for the development of contracts, grants, or cooperative agreements for professional, laboratory, or other services pertinent to the program, project, or study.
- Design, plan and initiate epidemiologic studies, surveys, and investigations.
- Participate in various aspects of the study or survey design process, including conducting a search or review of the existing literature and data in a specialty area, and preparing and/or presenting summaries for a variety of purposes.
- Monitor internal review board clearances and provide consultation and technical assistance on the development of questionnaires and other data collection instruments.
- Identify and analyze public health issues and their impact on public policies or epidemiological studies or surveys.
- Serve as a national or internationally recognized consultant and expert on epidemiological issues on critical problems in the field of epidemiology.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
Occasional travel - You may be expected to travel 5% or less Domestically for this position.
Job family (Series)
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/555980700. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.