This position is responsible for creating, acquiring, configuring, and managing metadata for NAL's bibliographic, scientific, and cultural heritage resources. This position supports the business aspects of NAL's metadata services, including: stakeholder and customer management, customer-focused business requirements gathering, service/product design and workflow specification, data management planning, and indexing and cataloging content in agriculture, food, and the related sciences.Learn more about this agency
- Create scientific and bibliographic metadata by using available tools or developing custom transform scripts.
- Apply metadata expertise to evaluate, implement, or develop metadata standards for scientific research data and literature.
- Contribute metadata expertise for evaluating, implementing, or developing data ingest and search applications.
- Index content and create records for AGRICOLA, PubAg, Ag Data Commons, and NAL Digital Collections databases, using indexing and annotation tools, semantic web technology, and natural language processing tools.
- Propose revisions and enhancements to the NAL Thesaurus of agricultural terms.
- Catalog monographs, serials, audiovisual materials, and maps, using OCLC and Voyager according to either Resource Description and Access (RDA) or Anglo-American Cataloging Rules, 2nd edition revised (AACR2) cataloging standards.
- Participate in cooperative cataloging and name authority control initiatives with other library and research institutions and organizations on international, national, regional and local levels.
- Support NAL's Findable, Accessible, Interoperable, and Re-usable (FAIR) data services and data management planning.
- Develop and deliver education, training, and outreach materials to specified customer and stakeholder groups.
- Participate with stakeholder and customer groups to gather requirements.
- Advise on developing services, products, and workflows to meet business requirements.
Job family (Series)
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/555958200. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.