The QSV Peer Review Nurse Analyst is an EXPERT nurse, "with an enormous background of experience, who now has an intuitive grasp of each situation and zeros in on the accurate region of the problem without wasteful consideration of a large range of unfruitful, alternative diagnoses and solutions" (Benner, 2000). The Peer Review Nurse Analyst develops and manages the Peer Review Program in accordance with all applicable VHA Directives and Handbooks.Learn more about this agency
The Quality, Safety & Value (QSV) Peer Review Nurse Analyst completes and/or coordinates all aspects of the Peer Review Program. The incumbent works closely with Chief of Staff, Associate Director Patient Care Services, service chiefs and others in planning, designing, integrating, implementing, modifying and administering the Peer Review Program. Ensures the program is consistent, timely, credible, comprehensive, useful, non-punitive, and balanced. Uses expert knowledge and experience to complete screening of a variety of events to assess potential cases, helps to identify when the standard of care may have not been met and where a review of individual clinician decisions and actions may be indicated. Identifies when other administrative personnel actions such as changes in privileges or terms of employment may be indicated and advises management to stop or postpone the peer review process. Helps to identify when the review identifies system and process issues and ensures issues are referred and addressed using other types of quality management activities. The incumbent demonstrates knowledge of current concepts and principles of performance improvement, the Medical Center's improvement methodology and framework, and external review standards. Specific Functions include but are not limited to:
- Coordinates the Peer Review Committee (PRC), including ensuring the charter is current and in compliance with the VHA Directive for membership, quorum, voting methods, time frames, ect.
- Facilitates requests for peer review outside the facility (e.g. VHA, external contractors)
- Develops and provides general understanding of the Peer Review for Quality Management process and general responsibilities of professionals as well as education for peer reviewers and PRC members.
- Maintains all documents and supporting evidence related to Peer Review, including Committee documentation and confidential communication back to the clinicians who were peer reviewed regarding the results and any recommended actions to improve their clinical practice.
- Develops and maintains data base of peer review cases and activity.
- Provides analysis of Peer Review for Quality Management data trends. Prepares reports for facility committees, VISN and National Risk Management Program.
Financial Disclosure Report: Not required.
Occasional travel - You may be expected to travel for this position.
Job family (Series)
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/555951000. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.