This position is located in the Smithsonian Institution's Office of Safety, Health and Environmental Management (OSHEM) Safety Division. The incumbent will be responsible for supporting the administration and evaluation of the program in support of the Smithsonian's safety and occupational health goals and mission.Learn more about this agency
- Serves as a technical expert in safety and occupational health and related program planning, implementation, administration, and evaluation. Supports SI management, Safety Coordinators, and staff.
- Plans, administers, and evaluates a safety and occupational health program to include safety inspections, audits, investigations of incidents and unsafe/unhealthful workplace conditions, and ergonomic assessments for a wide variety of work activities.
- Participates in the development, implementation, and management of safety training programs. Develops and/or reviews educational materials and training courses, coordinates with the Learning Management System team and others, conducts training, and maintains training records.
- Conducts safety review of equipment, projects, projects deliverables, including research, maintenance activities, renovation/alteration of existing or construction of new facilities, structures, exhibits, and research facilities.
- Ensures compliance with Federal requirements including OSHA standards, applicable building codes, consensus standards, equipment specifications, SI directives, policies, and procedures.
- Prepares spreadsheets, graphs, charts to analyze data and develops presentations used to relay data and information to various target audiences.
- Prepares deliverables such as written reports of varying complexity and content (e.g. activity reports, SI annual report to DOL, inspection and investigation reports), briefing materials, talking points, meeting minutes, analysis of safety program data, and presentations.
Occasional travel - Some travel is required.
Job family (Series)
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/555936900. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.