About the Position: This is a permanent position with Headquarters, US Army Corps of Engineers, Directorate of Civil Works, located at the Government Accountability Office (GAO) building in Washington, DC.Learn more about this agency
Management may select at any of the grade levels announced. This recruitment provides promotion opportunity to the target grade of the position without further competition when selectee is eligible and recommended by management.
- ?Serves as a nationally recognized policy expert in the area of plan formulation involving the review of the development of alternative solutions to water resources problems.
- Develops recommendations to solve water resources problems and presenting information in planning documents, particularly those dealing with deep draft navigation, flood risk management, environmental restoration, and other Civil Works projects.
- Applies a comprehensive knowledge of water resources policy by providing guidance to Major Subordinate Commands (MSCs) and District Commanders and their staffs in resolving study issues.
- Provides authoritative support and guidance to Major Subordinate Commands (MSCs), and districts, and other Headquarters United States Arm Corps of Engineers (HQUSACE) elements on policy aspects of water resource development projects.
- Prepares draft and proposed final reports of the Chief of Engineers to reflect Washington level review and findings.
- Maintains a broad and specific knowledge of existing and emerging legislation, Executive Orders, and administrative policies likely to significantly influence Civil Works planning responsibilities of the Corps.
- Monitors the Civil Works policy compliance process to ensure procedures are in place to provide conformity with established policy.
- Monitors policy and process implementation through early coordination with MSCs and districts to establish guidelines and processes to ensure efficient quality control and quality assurance procedures are in place.
- Responsible for analysis, briefings, and other oral presentations on decision document performance and to prepare the Chief, Planning and Policy Division, and other Senior leaders for decision meetings.
Occasional travel - Temporary Duty (TDY) or business travel is required 15% of the time to discuss, resolve and recommend resolutions to policy, compliance, assessments, questions, issues and concerns as relates to the water resources and Civil Works projects.
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/555923800. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.