The Reasonable Accommodation Coordinator applies accepted equal employment, reasonable accommodations, and human resources laws, principles, and standard methods in addressing requests from qualified employees or disabled job applicants to fully participate in the workforce and provides expert guidance on requests for reasonable accommodation.Learn more about this agency
As the Human Resources Specialist (Reasonable Accommodations) you will:
- Serve as the RA subject matter expert (SME) to advise employees, applicants for employment, supervisors, and members of management regarding laws, regulations and procedures for allowing employees with physical or mental impairments that substantially limit major life activities to fully participate in the application process, perform essential job functions, and enjoy the benefits and privileges of employment.
- Research best practices in RA in federal government and stays abreast of changes, modifications, and revisions to laws, regulations, and policies pertaining to the Rehabilitation Act of 1973, the Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA) of 1990, and the Americans with Disabilities Amendments Act (ADAAA) of 2008.
- Process requests for accommodation to ensure that time frames are met, and procedures followed.
- Provide employees or applicants for employment with RA packages and advises them on the appropriate procedures for completing the package.
- Ensure that accommodations which are granted are provided to the requestor within established timelines.
- Coordinates with other areas of Human Resources, including Retirement and Workers Compensation to ensure that the employee is advised of their rights under benefit programs which may be appropriate to them.
- Assist managers in determining the essential duties of a position and identifies barriers and possible modifications that would allow people with disabilities to perform said duties. Provides managers with information on RA and needs assessments for applicants and employees with disabilities.
Promotion Potential: The selectee may be promoted to the full performance level without further competition when all regulatory, qualification, and performance requirements are met. Selection at a lower grade level does not guarantee promotion to the full performance level GS-12.
Work Schedule: 8:00am to 4:30pm Monday thru Friday
Virtual: This is not a virtual position.
Position Description/PD#: Human Resources Specialist (ER) RA Program/PD99975-A
Relocation/Recruitment Incentives: Not Authorized
Financial Disclosure Report: Not required
Occasional travel - You may be expected to travel for this position.
Job family (Series)
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/555874400. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.