The VA Community Care Nurse Coordinator is responsible for coordinating the review and disposition of Community Care consults through funding sources to include Non-VA Medical Care or the current third party administrator.Learn more about this agency
VA Community Care Nurse Coordinator is accountable to the Manager for the VA Community Care Service Line and serves as the primary point of contact for clinical community care coordination inquiries, and functions as a liaison for interdisciplinary team members within and outside of the VA system as well as for Veterans in navigating the Community Care program. The incumbent performs clinical review of consults utilizing Fargo VA Community Care guideline, national directives, local circulars, and the Code of Federal Regulations as well as collaborates with the VA Community Care physician advisor and schedulers to ensure timely and accurate processing of consults. The Registered Nurse evaluates resources and trends to support continuous improvement of resource utilization and control expenditures. Additional performance criteria include:
- Refers appropriate consults to the VA Community Care Physician Advisor for second level review and determination.
- Obtains appropriate medical records necessary to review and coordinate ongoing care.
- Coordinates with interdisciplinary team to ensure special needs of veteran or special requests of treating facilities are met.
- Collaborates and assists VA Community Care staff in coordination and tracking of care authorized in the community.
- Applies critical thinking skills to identify, analyze, and resolve care problems.
- Exhibits ability to work both autonomously and as a team.
- Demonstrates excellent communication skills necessary to relay constant program changes to internal and external customers
Financial Disclosure Report: Not required
Job family (Series)
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/555872300. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.