This is an open continuous announcement. Applications will be accepted on an ongoing basis and qualified candidates will be considered as vacancies become available.Learn more about this agency
The Primary Care Provider serves as a practicing physician who is responsible for the overall management of patients enrolled for healthcare services provided by the Tennessee Valley Health Care System.
The Primary Care Provider reports to Primary Care Service and is responsible for administrative tasks associated with clinic operations, provides leadership and direction to support staff assigned to their PACT (Patient Aligned Care Team). Other functions/duties include, but are not limited to:
- Fully implements the components and processes relative to the VHA Primary Care Medical Home (PCMH) healthcare system design
- Coordinates care for a panel of outpatients
- Evaluate and treat acute and chronic health problems for scheduled and unscheduled patients in the clinic setting
- Perform histories and physical exams
- Provides appropriate documentation to minimally include history, physical exam findings, diagnosis, definitive care plan and disposition of the patient
- Ensures that patient encounters are appropriately closed-out including disposition that clearly indicates the next steps of care
- Ensures that each patient is provided a list of current medications and an appointment list at close-out
- Perform office procedures contained within their approved privileges
- Prescribe medications as appropriate
- Order routine laboratory, radiological and diagnostic tests and provide initial interpretation of results
- Communicate test results to patients
- Respond to questions and other inquiries from patients
- Initiate or expedite requests for consultations and special tests
- Provide education to the patient and family as necessary
- Order immunizations and other preventive or screening services as necessary
- Screen patients to determine the need for hospitalization
- Perform Basic Life Support as necessary
- Communicate clinical findings to other providers using the Computerized Patient Record System
Work Schedule: Monday to Friday from 8:00 am to 4:30 pm.
Financial Disclosure Report: Not required.
Job family (Series)
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/555865500. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.