This VISN 7 Fiscal Quality Assurance Manager (FQAM) provides executive level guidance to the Network Director (ND) and VISN Executive Leadership Team. The incumbent reports directly to the Deputy Network Director (DND) and provides technical, administrative, and internal audit oversight and supervision to the VISNts Financial Quality Assurance Program.Learn more about this agency
ResponsibilitiesThe VISN Financial Quality Assurance Manager strives to improve the quality of veteran's care by finding areas to reduce improper payments, reviewing expenditures to ensure compliance with appropriation law and to ensure business accounting operations comply with regulatory statute. The FQAM is an essential financial resource to the VISN and the respective Medical Centers. The list below is not all inclusive of the duties the incumbent will perform:
- Assist in improving controls over financial reporting to fulfill VA's commitment to Veterans.
- Review VISN financial reporting using reviews and audits including but not limited to: IPERA, VHA 1730.02 Fiscal Quality Assurance Program, internal financial reviews, self-assessments, and external financial statement audits to determine areas in need of improvement.
- Assist and collaborate with staff to develop process improvement practices to reduce improper payments, audit findings and material weaknesses.
- Coordinate reviews requested by the DUSHOM and participate in National workgroups.
- The incumbent is responsible for providing senior direction and management for successfully satisfying audit and performance review requirements relating to finance, logistics and capital asset management as described in the Network Director's Annual Performance Contract. The incumbent is responsible for formulating, gathering, and analyzing the required reviews of specific financial business practices.
- The incumbent works with the other seventeen (17) FQAMs to develop and implement nationally standardized internal audit oversight. The incumbent performs reviews (or ensures their performance) by examining accounts and financial records for the purpose of certifying or attesting that financial statements fairly represent the financial position of the VISN as of a predetermined date, and which are compared to the national standard. (5%)
- The incumbent conducts supervisory reviews of the audits completed by the Financial Quality Assurance Program.
- The incumbent is responsible for ensuring that performance reviews required under the Network Director's Performance Contract are completed and for ensuring that the information provided is accurate.
- The incumbent determines/recommends areas in need of improvement and provides the appropriate tools for improvement. This includes providing recommendations to improve.
- Incumbent serves as the VISN technical expert on a variety of audit programs for the agency. Develops new audit approaches where no precedent exists.
**Position may be filled at 1 of 8 VISN 7 facilities or the VISN office.**
Work Schedule: Monday-Friday; 8:00 A.M.- 4:30 P.M.
Compressed/Flexible: Not Available
Virtual: This is not a virtual position.
Position Description/PD#: Auditor (Network Fiscal Quality Assurance Manager)/PD01783-0
Relocation/Recruitment Incentives: A relocation incentive MAY be authorized for a highly qualified candidate.
Financial Disclosure Report: Not required
Job family (Series)
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/555772500. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.