Recruitment Incentives are Authorized.Learn more about this agency
This outpatient psychiatrist serves as part of a multidisciplinary team that can include nursing, social workers, psychologists, peer specialists, other prescribers providing outpatient mental health care to Veterans.
Assessment/evaluation medication management, and ordering diagnostic studies, and initiating consults of Veterans who suffer from a variety of mental health conditions including, but not limited to, Post Traumatic Stress Disorder (PTSD), substance abuse, depression, anxiety, and other related conditions
Delivers of care can be face to face as well as utilization of a variety of Telemental Health Modalties
- Performs psychiatric evaluations for a diverse population, including geriatric and post deployment combat Veterans, who are mentally ill and may have psychosocial issues such as homelessness, unemployment, and poor family support network.
- Provides a full range of therapeutic interventions including diagnostic assessment, medication evaluation and management, suicide risk assessments, crisis intervention, and overall care of patients with psychiatric disorders.
- Ensures practice of psychiatric medicine is consistent with TJC, CARF, HIPAA, VA policies and procedures, clinical practice guidelines, national statutes and regulations, medical record documentation, and mandatory continuing education.
- Provides a full range of psycho-diagnostic services including assessment and the most appropriate psychotherapeutic techniques in providing quality care.
- The Psychiatrist may serve as a mental health team leader with responsibilities for coordinating consults and triage of specialty clinic referrals.
- Participates effectively in team meetings and treatment planning conferences, and collaborates with multidisciplinary team members that enhances coordination of comprehensive patient care.
- Orders diagnostic tests and consultations, and discriminates between normal and abnormal findings and makes appropriate treatment decisions.
The Psychiatrist will be required to provide backup coverage and may need to travel, on an as needed basis, to the Community Based outpatient Clinic located in Georgetown (approximately 45 minutes from Dover). May require travel occasionally to the VA Medical Center in Wilmington, DE
Work Schedule: Monday through Friday, 8:00 a.m. to 4:30 p.m.; 7:30 a.m. to 4:00 p.m.
Financial Disclosure Report: Not required
Job family (Series)
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/555718000. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.