The Area of Consideration for this vacancy announcement is for Citizens and Non-Citizens who reside within a 30-mile radius of West Point. (Military Spouses moving to the area within 30 days from the closing date of this announcement and Involuntarily Separated Military (ISM) members claiming ISM Preference are included in this area of consideration.)Learn more about this agency
This position is for the Army Community Recreation Division at Victor Constant Ski Area.
- Performs a full range of simple cooking by preparing and cooking items that require little or no processing, such as hamburgers and fresh or canned vegetables. Prepares hot cereal and concentrated or dehydrated soups, sauces and gravies.
- Prepares food by peeling, chopping, grinding, paring, cutting, slicing, dicing, pureeing, dredging, flouring, breading. Weighs, measures, assembles ingredients for regular and modified menu items. Follow precisely written recipes to mix ingredients.
- Operates various kitchen equipment using gas, electricity, steam or microwave heat sources. Disassembles, cleans, assembles component parts and accessories. Follows safety procedures to avoid personal injury and damage to the equipment.
- Cleans, stores, and maintains equipment and work areas after each use. Cleans other work areas and equipment, such as worktables, floors, walk-in refrigerators, etc., on an established cleaning schedule.
- Covers, dates, stores leftovers according to established procedures. Follows established sanitation procedures when handling food. Ensures foods are stored at the correct temperatures to prevent bacterial growth. Performs other duties as assigned.
Job family (Series)
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/555585400. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.