This establishes an OPEN CONTINUOUS ANNOUNCEMENT which will be utilized to maintain eligible/qualified applicants to be considered for current Director of Programming and Training (DPT) vacancies with the Peace Corps (PC).
Learn more about this agency
This position is located in a PC post overseas. The DPT provides overall vision and direction for post-level programming and training activities and supervises a multi-cultural programming and training staff. The DPT reports to the Country Director.
The Director of Programming and Training performs the following major duties:
- Leads and manages the program and training (P&T) staff to ensure quality program design and its implementation and evaluation across all programmatic sectors and their alignment with Peace Corps guidance.
- Provides direction and oversight to manage a variety of Post-wide programs/projects critical to the accomplishment of the Agency’s mission at Post.
- Ensures effective strategic planning encompassing difficult and diverse functions or issues that affect critical components of overseas Post programs and resource utilization.
- Serves as an expert on policy interpretation and implementation related to design and management of Post programs and other pertinent programmatic matters.
- Provides expert assistance and leadership in defining and continuously improving the country program's approach to training design, delivery and evaluation ensuring compliance with agency standards.
- Conducts extensive planning and data analyses activities in overseeing the design and evaluation of training processes, including workshops, seminars, and conferences.
- Serves as a recognized program and training authority, advises top-level agency managers on complex international volunteer programs.
- Supervises a multi-cultural staff, which may include host country nationals, third country nationals and U.S. Citizens, including training manager(s), program managers, monitoring and evaluation specialists, trainers, specialists and assistants who support post’s programming and training.
- Drafts the budget for programming and training activities and monitors these expenditures throughout the fiscal year.
- Develops plans for implementing short and long-range program goals at Post, and directs diverse organizational functions affecting critical aspects of major agency programs.
- Assists the Country Director to foster cooperative relationships with U.S. mission personnel at post to further Peace Corps goals and ensure the safety of Volunteers.
- Plans and directs operations, and liaises with the region and Agency headquarters on critical Post programming and training matters, and safety and security concerns.
Occasional travel - As a condition of employment, incumbent will be required to travel within his or her country or region of assignment. The amount of travel required will be dependent upon the incumbent's duty location.
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/555576800. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.