This position is located in the Department of Policy and Evaluation (DPE), Monitoring, Evaluation and Economics Group, Millennium Challenge Corporation (MCC).Learn more about this agency
The position is equivalent to GS-14/15. MCC uses a pay banded system to compensate employees. This position is pay band 3B/3A which is generally equal to GS-14/15.
- Provides timely and accurate economic guidance and analysis in environments where data can be limited and parameters relevant to the analysis are not always fully known or can shift quickly.
- Reviews proposals to substantially revise or eliminate any Compact activities to ensure consistency with overall objectives and economic logic of the Compact and to assess the economic justification.
- Develops or makes necessary revisions to analytic models (e.g., cost-benefit analyses, beneficiary analysis, etc.) that are complex and requires a sophisticated application of economic theory to assess the economic impact of changes to the design of interventions supported by MCC compacts.
- Supports revisions of Monitoring and Evaluation (M&E) Plans and economic studies, including special surveys, as required.
- Ensures that Impact Evaluations and other economic studies are planned and undertaken using appropriately rigorous methodology and taking into account project design features and implementation plans.
- Provides expert input to ensure Impact Evaluations are designed to address key public policy and development questions that are likely to be informative for other, similar projects in similar contexts.
- Provides authoritative recommendations in a complex and critical area of economic analysis research with recommendations for action within the area of assignment.
- Communicates complex findings and associated methodologies to officials and professionals not familiar with the area of research.
- Provides expert analysis and advice on critical agency issues. Identifies reasons for the nature and extent of program related problems that arise and investigates areas in need of improvements.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
Occasional travel - You may be expected to travel for this position.
Job family (Series)
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/555538700. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.