The Federal Emergency Management Agency (FEMA) has an immediate need to employ residents of Durham, North Carolina as temporary local hires to assist with disaster response and recovery efforts. Local hire employees are local residents who aid in the recovery of the community and help their fellow citizens in the recovery process. Apply for this exciting opportunity!Learn more about this agency
View common definitions of terms found in this announcement.
Local Hire employees:
- Help FEMA respond to, recover from and mitigate all hazards by performing a variety of emergency management functions which are not limited to disaster survivor assistance, conducting and verifying damage assessments, and providing administrative, financial and logistical support.
- A local hire’s term of employment is 120 days. Local Hire appointments may be extended, in 120 day increments, for a maximum 365 day appointment, based on the needs of the disaster.
- Work within 23 different Cadres which are groups of personnel organized by operational function and FEMA Qualification System (FQS) position.
- Each Local Hire is hired to a position within a Cadre based on his or her skills and experience.
FEMA is seeking candidates with experience in administrative assistance.
In this position, you will ensure that incoming and outgoing personnel are oriented to the Joint Field Office (JFO) procedures when arriving or departing a deployment. Typical assignments include:
- Arranging meetings
- Typing correspondence and/or memorandums
- Attending and participating in internal and external meetings
- Obtaining and distributing information from JFO Operations documents
- Coordinating with the Hazard Mitigation (HM) Program functional group supervisors for staff training needs
- Ensuring that staff receive needed training and coaching
- Providing guidance on FEMA learning management system and other related tools
Occasional travel - Occasional travel may be required.
Job family (Series)
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/555535100. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.