About the Position: Assists Senior Social and Protocol Coordinators on all protocol and social matters involving distinguished visitors which often include high-level Federal and state leaders, general officers, members of Congress, and foreign nationalsLearn more about this agency
- As a Protocol Assistant, you will perform the following duties:
- Assist in the protocol and social planning, organizing, staffing, leading and controlling of official formal and informal events for Fort Leavenworth staff and visiting distinguished guests.
- Prepare guest lists, written invitations and place cards, and seating charts for formal events and special occasions.
- Prepare itineraries based upon time and place of arrival, size and significance of the group, background and interests, length of stay.
- Assist in planning and managing the overall workflow of the protocol function and makes necessary adjustments, within delegated authority, to meet mission requirements and deadlines.
- Ensure that appropriate air of surface transportation and appropriate escort officers are provided for each visitor, as necessary.
- Perform liaison duties with representatives of Department of Defense, Department of the Army, Federal and state congressional personnel, civic leadership, and various tenant activities to ensure each visit is successfully accomplished.
- Provide advice and assistance to the Commanding General, Deputy Commanding General, their families and staffs on matters pertaining to protocol and customs of the Army and other services as well as customs and courtesies of other countries.
- Research and answer protocol inquiries, such as proper precedence, proper format for preparing invitations and place cards, proper uniform, and ceremonial procedures, and correct display of flags.
Occasional travel - You may be expected to travel up to 5% for this position.
Job family (Series)
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/555533900. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.