The Chief, Facilities Management Service (FMS), is the highest engineering authority at the medical center and, as such, has full administrative and managerial responsibility for all Engineering Operations, Construction, and Environmental Services at the medical center. The incumbent is a graduate engineer and desirably a Licensed Professional Engineer (P.E.).Learn more about this agency
Some duties may include:
- Conducts Inspections, and develops and manages programs to ensure compliance with accreditation bodies (NFPA 101, The Joint Commission, Long Term Care Institute, Commission on Accreditation of Rehabilitation Facilities, etc.) a of the Main Campus and surrounding CBOCs.
- Periodically reviews major utility systems and associated equipment to assure compliance with regulations, operating standards, and ability to meet medical needs.
- Individually responsible for the coordination of the Facility Management Service Maintenance and Operations Section.
- Conducts continual program reviews and makes recommendations to the Director for improvements and modifications.
- Must frequently make decisions to resolve technically complex problems, such as energy management systems, electrical distribution systems, medical gas systems, plumbing and air condition systems.
- Charged with direct line authority over the 80+ employees within the maintenance and operations section of the FMS.
- The Chief, Engineering Service, conceives plans, develops and manages the medical centers' Capital Improvement Program as it relates to overall medical center short and long range goals and missions
- Initiates and sets policy, procedures, standards and goals for the Engineering Program; develops and applies an internal program of management review, appraisal and improvement.
- Phasing and scheduling to allow continual operation of the medical center without significantly impacting on the services involved.
- Project design is accomplished by in-house professional and technical staff as well as by outside architectural engineering consulting firms.
- Responsible for the proper management of construction work to ensure contractor's compliance with contract drawings and specifications.
- Responsible for strategic long range planning. He/she is directly responsible for the preparation of the Five Year Facility Plan.
- Full administrative and managerial responsibilities for planning, & staffing, budgeting, development and effective management of the total facilities Program
Work Schedule: Monday - Friday, tour to be determine
Telework: Not Available
Virtual: This is not a virtual position.
Position Description/PD#: Supervisory General Engineer (Chief of Facilities)/PD631-00222-0
Relocation/Recruitment Incentives: Not Authorized
Financial Disclosure Report: Required
Occasional travel - You may be expected to travel for this position.
Job family (Series)
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/555516100. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.