This Open Continuous Announcement (OCA) allows acceptance of application throughout the year with eligible applicants being placed on the register and referred for consideration when vacancies occur.Learn more about this agency
Contact the Albuquerque Area IHS Recruiter
Michelle Aguilar Bowser
Phone: 505-256-6731 or
Your application will expire 3 months from application date and you must reapply to keep your application active.
Area of Consideration: All Sources
The Nurse positions are located within the Albuquerque Area Indian Health Service. There may not be immediate vacancies at all locations. The purpose of this position is to provide comprehensive care to pediatric, adolescent, adult and geriatric patients at the healthcare facilities within the Albuquerque Area. This position reports to the Director of Nursing at the facility. This announcement covers nursing vacancies for inpatient and outpatient nursing.
- Perform physical assessments and health histories
- Provide health promotion, counseling and education
- Administer medications, wound care, and numerous other personalized interventions
- Interpret patient information and make critical decisions about needed actions
- Coordinate care, in collaboration with a wide array of healthcare professionals
- Direct and oversee care delivered by other healthcare personnel such as Licensed Practical Nurses's (LPN) and nurse aides/assistants
- Manage studies in support of improved practice and patient outcomes
Occasional travel - You may be expected to travel for this position.
Job family (Series)
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/555478300. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.