Recruitment/Relocation Incentives may be authorized for a highly-qualified candidates. This position is eligible for the Student Loan Repayment Program.Learn more about this agency
This Air Conditioning Equipment Mechanic position at Fargo VA Health Care System reports to the Maintenance and Repair Forman within the Engineering Department. This position primarily conducts duties at the main campus, however, travel may be required to other health care system locations from time to time.
ResponsibilitiesThis Air Conditioning Equipment Mechanic position repairs, maintains, and installs HVAC items, heating equipment, refrigeration equipment, food service equipment, laundry equipment, and other specialty equipment.
Additional duties include but are not limited to:
- Performs trouble shooting of HVAC systems, refrigerant systems, chilled water systems, hydronic heating systems, etc.; and performs brazing and soldering of copper piping materials for refrigeration piping, coil repairs, etc., and repairs of other alloyed materials.
- Understands and is able to maintain different refrigerant oil levels in a system; and maintains a refrigerant log per VA standards and requirements.
- Coordinates work with contractors who perform work at the facility to include, but not limited to, testing and balancing of critical ventilations systems, control system upgrades and modifications to hoods along with the associated testing requirements for various types of hoods (i.e., fume, chemo, negative air, general hoods, etc.).
- Maintains, troubleshoots, programs, and installs variable frequency drives; maintains pumps and impellers (i.e., cooling pumps, heating pumps, recirculating pumps, etc.); and must understand and maintain pump controls (such as pressure switches, differential pressure, cut offs, etc.).
- Troubleshoots control panels for the Building Automation System/Energy Management System.
- Operates power equipment such as a pressure washer, drill press, sheet metal brake, sheet metal shear, bearing press, metal band saw, welders (i.e. arc welder, wire welder and spot welder), etc..; and also operates portable power equipment and hand tools commonly used in the trade.
- Maintains specified laundry equipment; maintains and troubleshoots steam converters/heat exchangers/water heaters and associated controls; and maintains and troubleshoots dedicated air conditioning units (DACU's) such as those used in the computer server room and telephone switch room along with all associated piping,
condensers and controls.
- Performs daily, weekly and monthly inspections and checks of equipment to prevent or lessen any breakdowns/costly repairs that would upset the daily routine of the hospital.
Position Description Title/PD#: 40210-A
Relocation/Recruitment Incentives: Authorized
Occasional travel - You may be expected to travel for this position.
Job family (Series)
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/555444400. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.