Join the team! This position is located in the Headquarters Office of the U.S. Consumer Product Safety Commission (CPSC), Office of the Executive Director, Office of Hazard Identification & Reduction, Directorate for Economic Analysis. The Directorate for Economic Analysis provides advisory services on economic affairs to the Commission and participates in evaluations of the effectiveness of CPSC program plans, actions and associated activities.Learn more about this agency
As an economist in the Directorate for Economic Analysis, the incumbent will be involved in the economic analysis of CPSC actions, including the regulatory and regulatory flexibility analyses that are required before the CPSC can promulgate new rules or regulations. In carrying out these duties the incumbent will be responsible for:
- Undertaking economic surveys of consumers and businesses, studies of injury costs, and evaluate the economic, societal, and environmental impact of product safety rules and standards,
- Collecting and describing market information
- Performing cost-benefit and other analyses of agency actions
- Participating in the construction of economic models predictive of market, industry and consumer behavior
- Conducting quantitative analysis of data, including evaluation of CPSC policies and activities; and
- Working closely with Agency epidemiologists, engineers, and other staff in a team framework, and presenting results of analyses to Agency officials and Commissioners.
Occasional travel - Only occasional travel outside of the Bethesda-Rockville, Maryland area.
Job family (Series)
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/555426300. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.