The Nurse (Emergency Room) positions are located at Acomita and Zuni, New Mexico, Albuquerque Area Indian Health Service. The incumbent provides registered nursing care in the emergency room/urgent care department by assessing, planning, implementing and evaluating the care of all assigned patients with medical, surgical, pediatrics, ambulatory or emergency conditions and reports directly to the Supervisory Nurse.Learn more about this agency
- Collaborate with other health care professionals and service providers to ensure optimal patient care.
- Provide consultation to other health care providers in areas such as patient discharge, patient care, or clinical procedures.
- Develop or assist others in development of care and treatment plans.
- Develop and maintain departmental policies, procedures, objectives, or patient care standards, based on evidence-based practice guidelines or expert opinion.
- Read current literature, talk with colleagues, or participate in professional organizations or conferences to keep abreast of developments in nursing.
- Plan, evaluate, or modify treatment programs, based on information gathered by observing and interviewing patients or by analyzing patient records.
- Monitor or evaluate medical conditions of patients in collaboration with other health care professionals.
- Maintain departmental policies, procedures, objectives, or infection control standards.
- Present patients with information required to make informed health care and treatment decisions.
- Perform discharge planning for patients.
- Participate in clinical quality assurance activities, such as reviewing patient records, monitoring compliance, and meeting with regulatory authorities.
- Observe, interview, and assess patients to identify care needs.
- Write nursing orders.
- Teach patient education programs that include information required to make informed health care and treatment decisions.
- Prepare reports to document patients' care activities.
- Provide direct care by performing comprehensive health assessments, developing differential diagnoses, conducting specialized tests, or prescribing medications or treatments.
Occasional travel - You may be expected to travel for this position.
Job family (Series)
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/555382500. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.