This position is located in the Environmental Management Service at the Mann-Grandstaff VA medical Center in Spokane, Washington. As a Laundry Equipment Mechanic Helper the incumbent is responsible for performing minor adjustments, repairs, and preventative maintenance on a variety of laundry equipment.Learn more about this agency
ResponsibilitiesDuties Include but are not limited to:
Performs minor adjustments and repairs including basic system preventative maintenance operations such as replacing belts, cleaning tilters, bleeding air, greasing/lubricating, adjusting levels, etc., on such equipment as two 400-pound Medicare Passthru washer/extractors, SO-pound Uniwash, 400-pound Gas Fired Dryer, 110-pound Tru Feed Spreader/Feeder, small piece folders, Vibra Steamer, and cart wash system, lint collection system. Plus trouble-shoot electrical problems with meters and grind chests clean with grinder.
- Mends and repairs Medical Center, Fairchild Air Force Base (FAFB), and contracted linen items and employee apparel, makes the determination if items can be repaired or be salvaged.
- Sews buttons on marked locations with a button machine. Binds straight edges of material, turns under material, and sews straight hem in small items such as pockets or upper edge of cuff in garments.
- Maintains a work area that is clean and orderly. Sewing equipment is turned off and covered when not in use. All equipment utilized will be maintained according to established policies and procedures.
- May be required to safely drive laundry cargo truck carrying gross loads up to 16,000 pounds, four drive wheels, and five forward gears servicing VA Medical Center, Spokane; Community Living Center of VA Medical Center, Spokane; and Walla Walla. Delivers all clean linen, and pickup of all soiled linens from all the above facilities. Driving up to approximately 300 miles in all types of weather and inclement conditions.
- Hangs uniforms and processes through the vibra-steamer. Prior to reissue inspects for stains, missing buttons, tears/holes and fair wear and tear.
Position Description Title/PD#: Laundry Equipment Mechanic Helper/PD# 70188-0
Relocation/Recruitment Incentives: Not Authorized
Job family (Series)
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/555293300. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.