Performs the full range of administrative and clinical duties as well as provides consultative work within the Health Center. Assesses the quality of care to assure effectiveness of the patient care provided. Assures THC is in compliance with accreditation standards. This position reports to Supervisory Nurse. This position is located at Indian Health Service (IHS), Navajo Area Indian Health Service (NAIHS), Tohatchi Health Center (THC), Division of Nursing Services, Tohatchi, NM.Learn more about this agency
- Oversee the Performance Improvement activities, assuring compliance with requirements.
- Compile data for use in performance improvement activities and performs data abstraction, analyzes data, formulates into reports.
- Participates in Improving Patient Care (IPC) initiatives and submits data for program requirements.
- Maintain records of all performance improvement activities; assures each department supervisors is competent in Performance Improvement (PI), meeting accreditation standards and requirements of other regulating bodies.
- Participate in health center orientation, assuring each staff member has an understanding of PI activities; assures THC staff is adequately trained, prepared and competent to perform in disaster planning and management.
- Responsible for investigating and resolving patient care issues, Emergency Medical Treatment and Labor Act (EMTALA) violations, sentinel events to determine the degree, sources, and control of problems and contributing elements.
- Establish an on-going program of chart review, process review and assures effectiveness of each.
- Responsible for assuring on-going compliance with safety, infection control and employee health requirements.
- Advise and interpret new procedures, practices, and requirements to meet accreditation standards, and other accrediting and regulatory agencies.
- Coordinate throughout the health center all changes in policy, procedure and practice.
Occasional travel - You may be expected to travel for this position.
Job family (Series)
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/555292000. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.