Serves as an expert computer engineer in the Software Engineering Division, Science Data Processing Branch. The branch is responsible for the design, development, implementation and integration of science data processing applications and science data processing technology for flight, in-situ and ground based systems. Position develops information technology (IT) applications, hardware and software, develops requirements, tests and evaluates data systems, and analyzes multi-phase projects.Learn more about this agency
- As a technical expert, develops IT applications involving state- of-the-art development tools and computing systems to meet specific mission requirements.
- Prepares, integrates and/or analyzes technical and operational requirements to design, develop and/or modify complex science data processing systems and applications.
- Analyzes and/or defines requirements and design criteria for feasibility, including for multi-phase projects. Provides technical support in testing and evaluation.
- Designs controversial or leading-edge computer science technology, equipment, systems, mathematical algorithms, or computer software to meet specific mission or program requirements.
- Serves as a data systems technical expert in the test, checkout, and readiness of flight, ground, or data systems or equipment that involve new concepts and new and varied requirement problems.
- Monitors contractors engaged in testing and evaluation work. Provides advice on testing and evaluation as an advisor to manufacturers, other computer engineers, management, or contractor personnel.
- Serves as a computer science expert in the design, development, test, checkout, and readiness of systems or equipment that involve new concepts and new and varied requirement problems.
- Reviews, advises on, and conducts complex analysis and development studies in support of major organization programs.
- Formulates hardware and software requirements for science data processing, management, and analysis systems.
- Manages information services and technology projects that enhance customer interface for an organization or center.
- Evaluates problem resolution alternatives or the risk associated with using or replacing a nonconforming component.
- Participates in the development of standards, policies and processes impacting data systems development and design work, projects and programs.
- Duties assigned will be commensurate with the grade of the selected employee.
Occasional travel - Travel may be required for training or other work-related duties
Job family (Series)
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/555254800. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.