This position is located in the Quality Management department of the VA Ann Arbor Healthcare System. The incumbent plans and manages the healthcare system's accreditation and review programs. In addition, he/she conducts the ongoing Joint Commission review within the framework of meeting Joint Commission Standards, organizational objectives and customer needs, thereby improving the medical center's overall efficiency and effectiveness.Learn more about this agency
- Demonstrates knowledge of the principles and practices of management in the healthcare field with emphasis on quality management and continuous quality improvement, performance consulting, education, organizational development, and customer service/satisfaction.
- Demonstrates knowledge of and ability to take a leadership role in applying quality improvement processes, tools, and techniques (i.e. flow charts, assessment and feasibility studies, root cause analysis, team management, facilitation, statistical process control, project management) and conducting analytical studies.
- Demonstrates extensive knowledge and understanding of management principles, practices, methods, techniques, and skills in integrating management services with the general management of the organization.
- Demonstrates a mastery in the application of a wide range of analytical and evaluative methods and techniques for assessing program development or execution and improving organizational efficiency and effectiveness with a strong emphasis toward qualitative analysis.
- Demonstrates extensive knowledge in patient care and the delivery of care within healthcare systems.
- Demonstrates the ability to analyze problems and present both written and oral recommendations taking into full consideration a wide range of factors and requirements which affect the management of the healthcare delivery system.
- Demonstrates the ability to recognize different functions and motivations of various employees and groups in the healthcare delivery system, and to be able to communicate with each other to gather information, present recommendations, and coordinate services.
- Demonstrates the ability to develop, coordinate, and present material in an education environment on a number of topics dealing with quality improvements, engaging participants, and giving them the skills to implement these programs.
- Demonstrates the ability to develop policies, guidelines, and procedures for a healthcare system related to various systematic review requirements to assure accreditation initiatives are executed in the most effective and efficient manner.
- Demonstrates the ability to follow up with all actions related to mock surveys, training materials, and information about patient safety goals.
- Demonstrates the ability to formulate a healthcare system's performance improvement plan using the elements of strategic planning, interdisciplinary teamwork, and service-level planning activities.
- Demonstrates the ability to advise improvement committees on fact-finding techniques for conducting studies used in the quality enhancement process such as flow charting, task analysis, time and motion research, and other relevant statistical methods.
- Demonstrates progressively responsible analytical or administrative, or clinical management or supervisory experience in the health care field.
- Demonstrates knowledge of the missions, organizations, programs, and requirements of health care delivery systems.
- Demonstrates knowledge of the regulations and standards of various regulatory and credentialing groups.
- Demonstrates knowledge of the government-wide, agency, and facility systems and requirements in various administrative areas such as budget, personnel, and procurement.
- Demonstrates the ability to develop a system to track progress of various improvement teams and consult with designated team leaders.
- Demonstrates the ability to determine effectiveness of operational processes respective to accreditation and review programs.
Telework: Not Available
Virtual: This is not a virtual position.
Position Description/PD#: Health System Specialist (Continued Survey Readiness and Accreditation Specialist)/PD6113-O
Relocation/Recruitment Incentives: Not Authorized
Financial Disclosure Report: Not required
Occasional travel - You may be expected to travel for this position. Occasional travel to and from community based outpatient clinics.
Job family (Series)
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/555254200. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.