The nurse's primary commitment is to the patient, whether an individual, family, group, or community. (ANA Code of Ethics for Nurses). The registered nurse, as a licensed professional, will be responsible and accountable for his/her practice. This includes all staff working full-time, part-time or in an intermittent or contract status.Learn more about this agency
The registered nurse provides care and counseling of persons or in the promotion and maintenance of health and prevention of illness and injury based upon the nursing process which includes systematic data gathering, assessment, appropriate nursing judgment, and evaluation of human responses to actual or potential health problems through such services as case finding, health teaching, health counseling; provision of care supportive to or restorative of life and well-being; and executing medical regimens including administering medications and treatments prescribed by a licensed or otherwise legally authorized provider (Washington Board of Nursing).
Duties include but are not limited to:
- Responsible and accountable for all elements of the nursing process when providing and/or supervising direct patient care.
- Assesses, plans, implements and evaluates care based on age-specific components.
- Assumes responsibility for the coordination of care focused on patient transition through the continuum of care, patient and family education, patient self-management after discharge, and supporting factors that impact customer satisfaction.
- Considers all characteristics of the individual, including age and life stages, state of health, race and culture, values, and previous experiences.
- Administers medications and procedures per established policies and guidelines.
- Influences care outcomes by collaborating with members of the interdisciplinary team.
- Participates in unit/program level quality improvement processes and initiatives as well as customer service programs.
Financial Disclosure Report: Not required
Job family (Series)
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/555245800. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.